- 2 Tbsp. butter (room temperature)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 8 oz. cod (two 4 oz. filets)
- 1 fresh lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a small bowl, combine the butter, olive oil, garlic, paprika, salt, and chopped parsley. Stir until it forms a smooth paste.
- Take a small dollop of the garlic butter and spread it over the surface of a small baking dish to keep the fish from sticking. Ass the cod filets to the dish and then coat all sides of the fish with the remaining garlic butter.
- Slice half of the lemon and add the lemon slices to the baking dish with the fish. Cut the remaining ½ lemon into wedges for serving.
- Bake cod for 20 minutes, or until flakes easily with a fork and the internal temperature reaches 145°F. Spoon any juices from the bottom of the pan over the fish. Serve the cod immediately with the remaining fresh lemon wedges for squeezing juice over the top.